How Blog Riffer Gets You Backlinks With the Anchor Text You Choose
Links to your website are the most powerful force in SEO. Links from related sites are the most powerful kind of links. And the "anchor text" of the links (the clickable text) tells the search engines what keywords to rank your site for.
Needless to say, when you can get links from related sites with your choice of keywords, SEO gets a lot easier. Here's how Blog Riffer empowers you to do exactly that:
- You subscribe to related blogs in Blog Riffer.
- Blog Riffer shows you their latest posts.
- You pick one to comment on -- but instead of going to their blog to comment,
you use Blog Riffer to publish a response on your blog (see how easy this is).
- You write a post title that includes your desired keywords.
- You include a link to their blog in your post.
- Your blog automatically "pings" their blog*1, telling it that your post includes a link to them.
- Their blog displays a "pingback" to your blog post*2, using your post title (including your chosen keywords :-) as the link text.
- In WordPress, make sure "Attempt to notify any blogs linked to from the article" is checked. WordPress says this "slows down posting", but the delay is trivial (often only a fraction of a second). And the backlink is worth any little wait.
- Not all bloggers enable pingbacks. If you try one and don't get a pingback (be patient -- they may be approving pingbacks manually), move on to another.