It's Monday morning, and that means it's time to start another Riff-On blogging contest. This week, the prize is a free copy of my "unblockable exit popup" script, ExPop.
Since ExPop is used to grab the attention of people who are about to leave your website, I searched my feed reader for articles contain the word "attention", and came up with one from Copyblogger -- that'll be the one to Riff on this week.
How to Enter:
- Read this post by Danny Iny, which appeared as a guest post on Copyblogger.
- Write a Blog Riff on it -- ie. quote a brief section of it on your blog, and publish a post based on the quote (tip don't try to cover the whole article, especially with an article like this that covers a lot of different things -- pick one idea and "riff" on it).
- Be sure to give proper credit for the quote -- ie. link to Danny's post from yours.
- Don't just regurgitate or rephrase what Danny said -- your post should be primarily composed of your own original thoughts, research, etc.
- On Twitter, tweet a link to your post. In the tweet, include the following: "#RiffOn @DannyIny." (we'll find your contest entry by searching for tweets contains the hash tag "#RiffOn".)
If you'd like to see a few examples of how to write a Blog Riff, visit my blog (White Hat Crew). Over half of my blog posts are usually Blog Riffs, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding several posts containing quotes marked with the Blog Riffers icon.
To learn how to make your Blog Riffs more powerful, sign up for my mailing list, and I'll send you a five-part tutorial on high-impact Blog Riffing.
Don't wait too long: the deadline for tweeting a link to your blog post is noon US Central time this Wednesday, (October 5, 2011). Here's a countdown timer to make it easier to tell how much time you've got left if you're in a different time zone:
Once all the entries are in, I'll read them all and announce a winner here on the blog, and I'll give them their free copy of ExPop.
Spread the Word
A quick request before I sign off -- please spread the word about the contest! Use those buttons over to the left. Tweet it. Link to it from Facebook. Post it on Google+. Tell your subscribers. The more people we get involved in Blog Riffing, the stronger -- and more fun -- our community will become.